Curbside Veterinary Care: What to Expect
To help you prepare for your appointment, we want to share what the process will look like and what you can expect to happen when you arrive.
While various veterinary hospitals may have slightly different processes and protocols for curbside care, the general pattern usually entails the following:
- You call the veterinary hospital to let them know you have arrived.
- The veterinary team member will greet you and your pet at the door and confirm contact information.
- The veterinary team performs a thorough physical examination on your pet. Your concerns and your pet’s medical history are thoroughly reviewed with the veterinarian during your pet’s exam.
- Depending on the type of appointment you booked, you may be asked to wait in the car during your pet’s visit or you may be given a pick-up time later in the day, in which case you are free to leave the parking lot.
- The veterinarian or veterinary technician calls with an update on your pet’s health, explains any treatment or medication that may be required, and provides a treatment plan for recommended services or medication.
- After you have given authorization, any necessary diagnostics and treatments are performed.
- Your pet is returned to you, your payment is processed, and you receive any required medications or products for your pet. At this point, the veterinarian or veterinary technician may communicate any additional details about administering medication and the side effects to watch out for.
- If food or medication is ordered in advance, payment can be processed over the phone for a faster service with pet food pick-up or medication
- Here is a helpful tip: If you would like to bring a written letter for the veterinary team, that can also be a great way to help convey detailed information.
- The Park Pet Hospital Team